Summer Bucket List
It's crazy to think that summer is already over halfway over. Like most things, you can't believe where the time has gone. So, me being me, I sat down and took the time to throw together a little bucket list of all the things that I still want to do! Sure, I am in Florida and it's going to feel like summer until it's Christmastime, but still! I want to do these things while the rest of the northern hemisphere is experiencing their summertime high as well! (oh and hint hint nudge nudge…if you read till the end there is a giveaway!)
1. Go to a water park - There are plenty of different ones to go to whether it's a major theme park destination like Disney or Universal, or something smaller and closer to your home town!
2. Go to a drive-in - Ok, so this one may be a little more difficult to do. They are closing all the time and kinda turning into a childhood past-time. But, if you can find one, do it. Even if you don't like the movie, do it is for nostalgia.
3. Make smores - and no. not in the microwave or over your stove. Build a bonfire, find someone with a fire pit, and make it old school. You know what I mean! Actually go out, put your marshmallow on a stick, and hold it over the fire. If you are feeling crazy, do what I do and use a Reese's instead of plain milk chocolate. If you are feeling fancy, find a place in your city that has this as part of their rooftop bar or maybe as a dessert option on the menu!
4. Go to the beach - and while you are there, try a new activity! I have never been paddle boarding and honestly, it looks incredible! I remember loving going on boats, jet skis, and kayaks with friends, but growing up on Lake Erie, surfing or paddle boarding was never a thing.
5. Try a food truck - You can find these popping up all over the place. Whether it is as a permanent structure in your city, or just a bunch that show up at your place of employment or your neighbor hood, give it a try! If you aren't feeling that adventurous, Disney Springs has food trucks inspired by the 4 parks!
6. Go on a Wildlife Safari - This one is more specific to me. It is something I have always wanted to do and since I can't make it to Africa anytime soon, I can find something close enough.
7. Make a fort - Mine is going to be inside with air conditioning. I will take the biggest, fluffiest cushions from my couch and spend the night watching movies and eating popcorn. Forts don't just have to be fun for kids, they can be for adults too! (but duh. everyone already knew that.)
8. Watch the sunrise - You can either pull an all nighter, or wake up early, but being able to watch the sunrise has always been a remarkable thing to me. You get the chance to see first hand the start of a new day. Nothing bad has happened yet, only beauty. What a better way to start the day than that?
9. Make my own ice cream - I got an ice cream maker for Christmas and I STILL have not used it! I have thought of the million flavors I want to try and create, but I still haven't done it yet. The top of my list is to try to recreate mine and my grandmother's favorite, Maple Walnut.
10. Find the perfect summer accessory - I knew someone who had a wooden watch and I could never get over how amazing it smelled. The more they wore it, the more amazing it smells. When I first started looking at them, I couldn't find any that I thought were feminine enough. But then, Jord watches entered my life and I found it.
The unique wooden watch that I have been looking for! Thank you, thank you, thank you to the team at Jord for giving me the chance to host a giveaway. All you have to do is click the link below and you are entered for a chance to win a $100 gift card! The giveaway will be opened until 8/28 and if you aren't the lucky winner, you still get 10% off your order.
So go out there, and make the best of these last few weeks of summer! I would love to hear what is on your list or if you find any other good adventures to go on.